Thursday, October 23, 2008

Ah...On Being Different

Went for several interviews and I noticed that my resume stood out like a sore thumb. How so?

a) I graduated with my BS in Psych in 2006 when I was 25 years old and not 22 or 23 years old. So employers asked... Why so late?

b) I had gabs in my resume as I took time off to travel and do nothing relevant to any job in the world. So employers asked ... What did you do?

c) I studied in the US and worked in NZ for 6 months. So employers asked, Did you plan to stay on longer/permanently in those countries? (and looked puzzled when I said, No and I love Malaysia and proud to be back here.)

d) I am 27 years old and have not held a job for more than 2 years. Employers just looked concerned...

So the question is, does Malaysia support its people being different and in wanting to be an individual?

No comments: